Lakeside High School is a public high school located in Evans, Georgia, United States, in Columbia County.
Maps, Directions, and Place Reviews
Construction was completed in 1988, and the first classes at the school started session that fall. The first students to graduate from Lakeside were mainly transfers from nearby Evans High School.
Lakeside's football stadium, Panther Stadium, was added to the campus in 1995, adjacent to Lakeside Middle School.
Columbia County is one of Georgia's fastest-growing counties. Lakeside reached 2,500 enrolled students only five years after its construction. These students came from Riverside Middle School and Lakeside Middle School.
The school offered 27 AP classes as of 2007.
In 2011 it was named an AP merit school.
Lakeside High won the Georgia School of Excellence award in 1993, 1995, and 2005. It consistently ranks among the top 10% of high schools in the country.
Lakeside once fell under the AAAA category for Georgia state competitions. Starting with the 2012-2013 school year, it is in the AAAAA category for Georgia state competitions.
Their main rivals are the Evans High School Knights.
- Dead Confederate, rock band
- Dave Haywood, member of country music group Lady Antebellum; guitar and background vocals
- Reese Hoffa, Olympic shot putter
- Charles Kelley, member of country music group Lady Antebellum; brother to artist Josh Kelley
- Josh Kelley, recording artist
- Keith Robinson, actor (Dreamgirls)
- Ashley Smith, author
Source of the article : Wikipedia